Alcohol feels like your own personal elixir of life. Once you begin drinking, it’s like you magically turn into the person you wish you could be every day – relaxed, confident, lighthearted and free from all your pain and insecurities. Of course, in order to feel this way all the time, you needed to drink more. And now, you can barely make it through the day without alcohol.
If you’re tired of living like this, there is a way out. Residential addiction treatment for alcoholism can help you be more confident and content in your own skin without alcohol.
7 Benefits of Inpatient Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
Have you looked at yourself in the mirror and thought that you aren’t worthy of support or love? Many people will refuse inpatient addiction treatment because they don’t believe they deserve it. But these self-deprecating thoughts and feelings are what your addiction feeds on, and the solution is effective, credible addiction treatment to help you heal from alcohol abuse.
Residential treatment is oftentimes the best solution for alcohol addiction because:
1. It’s Safe. Shame and fear of judgment may make you want to try to detox from alcohol alone. Depending on how severe your addiction is, detoxing by yourself can actually be dangerous and life-threatening. At an inpatient treatment facility like Scottsdale Rehab by Fountain Hills Recovery, you’ll have a caring, judgment-free staff giving you 24-hour support. You’ll also have access to medications to ease any discomfort you’re feeling during detox.
2. It Offers Around-the-Clock Support. Credible residential addiction treatment centers employ highly credentialed and experienced staff who provide the necessary care and guidance you need to successfully detox and work through your alcohol addiction. At Scottsdale Rehab by Fountain Hills Recovery, our staff of medical professionals and therapists are trained to help you detox safely, get to the bottom of your alcoholism and begin learning healthy ways to cope with cravings and triggers.
3. It Removes Uncertainty. When you’re in residential treatment, there’s no wondering how you’re going to spend your weekends, what you’re going to eat or who you’re going to hang out with. All that stress and anxiety is gone in residential treatment because you’re in a relaxing environment where you can solely focus on yourself and your recovery.
4. It Takes Alcohol Out of Your Day-to-Day. Going to rehab doesn’t mean you’ll suddenly be free from alcohol cravings. But being in a residential treatment center means you won’t have to wrestle with the decision to drink or not. You won’t be passing bars on your way home from work or tempted to purchase a bottle of liquor from the closest convenience store. Inpatient addiction treatment for alcohol addiction offers a peaceful, clarifying environment without alcohol, so you can relearn how to live life without it.
5. It Helps You Heal and Grow Stronger. Inpatient treatment is so much more than individual and group therapy sessions. While these types of evidence-based treatment modalities are necessary to your recovery, so are experiential activities like yoga, equine therapy and outdoor therapy. Activities like these are designed to strengthen your body, help you work through your emotions and clear your mind.
6. It Connects You with People Who Understand. Have you ever felt like your family and friends just don’t understand what you’re going through? Inpatient addiction treatment for alcohol addiction connects you with people who do. Group therapy sessions during inpatient treatment offer you the opportunity to develop relationships with other clients who share your pain and know first-hand what you’re going through. These individuals can celebrate with you on good days, encourage you on challenging days and become your new support network when you’re no longer in treatment.
7. It Prepares You for the Next Step. Recovering from alcohol addiction takes more than ridding your body and mind from alcohol. Instead, it takes patience, the development of healthy habits and constant practice of living a sober lifestyle. Residential treatment for alcohol addiction gets you on the right path toward recovery and prepares you for the next steps in your continuum of care recovery program, including partial hospitalization treatment, intensive outpatient treatment and outpatient treatment.
Find the Courage to Change Your Life at Fountain Hills Recovery
At Fountain Hills Recovery, our top priority is you. Our continuum of care is designed to address your unique needs, provide the compassionate care you deserve and give you the holistic treatment required to effectively beat alcohol addiction.
At Scottsdale Rehab by Fountain Hills Recovery, our new residential treatment facility, you’ll receive treatment 7 days a week for 4 hours a day and be with no more than 9 other clients. This means you’ll receive personalized, private, one-on-one attention during treatment hours and have easy access to our staff even when you’re not in therapy or participating in an experiential activity.
We’re dedicated to helping you reach sobriety and total wellness for a healthier, more fulfilling life after alcohol addiction. Contact our expert staff today to get started.