Did you know the fear of not being able to pay for addiction treatment is one of the top reasons why people don’t seek support? This fact shows how truly important financial planning for addiction treatment is.
But it isn’t like you’re saving money like you would for college tuition or buying a house. And chances are your substance abuse has not been friendly to your finances. You might have been at the point where you were spending money on your addiction as fast as it was coming in. And if you’re looking for a treatment center, the financial pressures of your addiction can add extra weight to your decision.
There’s no doubt that figuring out how to pay for addiction rehab can be challenging. But the good news is there are resources that can help you pay for addiction treatment.
The Financial Cost of Addiction
It’s natural to look at the cost of addiction treatment and think it’s too big a hurdle to overcome. But this roadblock can often be solved with a change in perception. In reality, the cost of maintaining your substance abuse is most likely more expensive than rehab.
Funding a substance abuse disorder can cost you:
- $4,500 or more for an alcohol addiction. For heavy or binge drinkers, this number could be even higher.
- $7,000 for an addiction to marijuana. While marijuana isn’t as addictive as some other substances, that doesn’t mean it can’t have just as much of an impact on your wallet.
- $8,000 or more for a cocaine addiction. The cost of cocaine has remained steady since the surge in the 1980s. But someone with a severe addiction can spend up to $100 dollars a day.
- $54,000 or more for a heroin addiction. There are roughly 626,000 people with a heroin use disorder. And spending an average of $54,000 a year is only a few thousand dollars short of the median income for a U.S. household.
Unfortunately, the cost of the drugs or alcohol isn’t the end of it. Substance abuse can lead to legal bills, medical conditions or therapy needs – additional costs that can quickly eat away at your finances.
Shocking, right? You might not have realized how much money has gone into your addiction. That’s why paying for addiction treatment now could have a positive impact on your finances in the long run.
Find Out Your Treatment Needs
A big part of financial planning for addiction rehab is determining your treatment. After all, this is one of the main factors that affects how much rehab will cost. Start by talking with your primary care doctor to see what they recommend and research addiction treatment centers in Arizona that meet your needs.
If you’re not sure what sort of treatment is best, premier treatment centers like Fountain Hills Recovery can evaluate your condition and help you figure out what treatment level you’d need to recover.
Once you’ve identified treatment programs you like, here are some questions you can ask their admissions teams to help with your financial planning:
- Are the treatments that were recommended to me available to someone in my financial situation?
- Is there a way you could verify my insurance to see if your program is recognized as an in-network provider?
- How does the billing work for your program? If I use insurance, does your program have agreed-upon rates?
Determine How You’ll Pay for Treatment
Unlike contributing to a college fund, addiction treatment isn’t something you can predict. That’s why most people don’t have a rehab savings fund they can easily dip into. Once you have a better idea of the type of treatment you need, how are you supposed to pay for it?
Here are the options that will most likely be available to you:
- Private Pay: You always have the option of paying out of pocket for your addiction treatment. Private pay gives you more freedom to choose the best program for your needs without the red tape. You’ll also have the added benefit of more privacy around the treatment you receive.
- Insurance Coverage: Like we mentioned above, insurance can be used to help offset the cost of addiction treatment. Every insurance policy is unique. You’ll want to reach out to your insurance representative directly to see what’s covered. Rehab centers like Fountain Hills Recovery can even help you verify your insurance.
- Government-Run Programs: If you don’t have insurance or aren’t covered for treatment, there are government programs that could help. These programs happen at the federal and state level and can give you addiction treatment support.
- Loans: There are companies and institutions that offer loans for addiction treatment. Loans give you quick access to funds and you’ll likely pay the money back over monthly installments. It’s important to note that the interest of these loans can vary depending on your credit.
Discover Luxury Addiction Treatment at Fountain Hills Recovery
Are you looking for an addiction treatment center that can help you reach lasting recovery? Fountain Hills Recovery offers a person-centered approach in a luxury rehab setting. We accept most private insurance policies and offer a variety of cash pay and special financing programs.
As Arizona’s top private luxury drug and alcohol rehab center, we also offer specialized addiction treatment programs for a variety of occupations, including first responders and athletes. With evidence-based practices and high clinical standards, we strive to deliver life-long results.
Lasting recovery in within your reach. Contact us today to learn more about our approach to addiction treatment and find out how you can get started.