Living up to society’s expectations of what a “real man” should be is no easy task. You’re expected to be strong and to keep your feelings in check. You need to have a successful job and be the bread winner for your family. And if you don’t live up to expectations like these, you’re seen as a failure.
The pressure to act tough, be emotionless and hide any distress they’re feeling can lead to mental health conditions and dangerous coping mechanisms like alcohol or drug abuse.
The reality is you don’t need to feel chained down by outdated masculinity stereotypes or substance abuse. And at Fountain Hills, we can help you not only beat addiction, but also let go of the pressures you’ve been feeling and live a fulfilling, healthy life again.
What Our Men’s Treatment Program is Like
At Fountain Hills Recovery, our premier men’s addiction treatment program in Arizona is designed to help men like you heal from substance abuse, cope with daily stressors in healthier ways and believe that they’re worthy and good enough.
To help you accomplish these objectives, our approach includes individual and group therapy sessions. Men are taught to keep their thoughts and feelings to themselves and fix problems on their own. These therapy sessions – the gender-specific sessions, in particular – offer you a safe space to learn how to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences and truly get to the bottom of why you started drinking or using drugs in the first place.
During your time at our luxury treatment center, you’ll work with our integrated care team that is comprised of clinical, medical, behavioral and trauma therapists who were handpicked for their experience, skills and compassion. Many have even suffered from addiction, themselves, allowing them to truly empathize with what you’re going through.
Our highly experienced team will guide you through your therapy sessions and help you develop a personalized treatment plan that targets your specific pain points, triggers and needs. During your entire stay at Fountain Hills Recovery, our team will provide compassionate, judgment-free care that can help you regain the dignity, integrity and self-respect addiction and toxic societal norms stole from you.
Your days in our addiction treatment program for men will include*:
- Individual therapy sessions where you’ll work with your therapist to get to the bottom of your addiction, understand your triggers and develop new ways of coping with trauma and stress
- Gender-specific group therapy sessions, as well as co-ed group sessions, where you will be able to connect to and bond with others who understand what you’ve gone through
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) sessions to help you replace negative thoughts, feelings and actions with healthy, positive ones
- Holistic therapies like yoga, music therapy, equine therapy, Neurofeedback therapy and much more to help heal your mind, body and spirit from addiction
- Additional therapies focused on goal setting, relapse prevention and helping you heal and reconnect with your family
*Fountain Hills Recovery treats both men and women for addiction and dual diagnosis disorders. While men and women live in separate residences, you may still interact with women each day outside your gender-specific group therapy sessions.
A Private, Luxury Estate for Men While in Treatment
Addiction or a dual diagnosis disorder can leave you feeling isolated, ashamed and embarrassed. We know that in order for treatment to be effective, you need to feel like you’re in a private, safe and secure environment. This is why you’ll reside at our Greenbrier Estate, our men’s luxury residence.
Our men-only home is a sprawling, 11,000 square foot estate that offers spacious and comfortable bedrooms, private half or full bathrooms and resort-style amenities like a pool, chef’s-style kitchen, game room and much more.
And the best part of all? This residence offers incredible, breathtaking views of the Phoenix skyline and outdoor areas for relaxation to help you feel calm and at ease during your stay.
Why Men’s Addiction Treatment in Arizona
Men become addicted to alcohol or drugs and respond to treatment very differently than women. This is why gender-specific residences and therapy sessions are important to your personal recovery.
If you’re considering addiction treatment, here’s why a program that provides addiction treatment tailored specifically for men can be more effective than rehabs that don’t:
- The pressures and expectations caused by toxic masculinity are unique to men and can oftentimes lead to alcoholism and drug addiction. Men need addiction treatment that’s specifically designed to handle and overcome masculine ideologies.
- Men typically drink more alcohol than women do and also drink more frequently. Men are also more likely to use illicit drugs compared to women. These factors can increase the likelihood and severity of addiction.
- Studies have shown that men tend to take greater risks and are more competitive and impulsive than women. These traits oftentimes lead to substance abuse and require effective treatment to address.
- Men in recovery are also more likely to relapse than women. This requires a gender-specific treatment program that focuses on relapse prevention techniques that can help men better manage stressors and cravings to drink or do drugs.
Our premier men’s addiction treatment program in Arizona is able to address all these factors and more to help you get back on your feet and live the happy, healthy life you deserve.
Get Started with Men’s Addiction Treatment at Fountain Hills Recovery
If you’re a man struggling with addiction, trauma or a dual diagnosis disorder, it’s time to take your life back. And at Fountain Hills Recovery, we can give you the care you’ve been missing and help you win this battle against substance abuse, mental health conditions and toxic masculinity.